Friday, January 21, 2011

Running Challenge

I've been doing this 100 Runs in 100 Days running challenge on Slowtwitch now for a bit over a month.  So far I have run 25/38 days, and I'm hoping to run 75/100 days total.  I haven't run this much since marathon training in the Fall of '09, and it feels great!

1/3-1/9: 29.4mi
1/10-1/16: 24.7mi
1/17-1/24: right now I'm at 15mi, and I have a run with the team tonight, and will run Saturday and Sunday (aiming for 30mi for the week)

My running seems to be going very well.  I have been doing a good mix of road, treadmill, indoor track, and trail so I don't get too bored with running the same routes all the time.  I need to start incorporating a long run though.

On another note, I was selected to be part of the first Falkee Triathlon Team.  I came across the post on Slowtwitch asking for top AG athletes.  I sent some race results from this past season and a few tidbits of information about myself and I was selected to be part of the team!  So far, the team has lined up a few sponsors (see sponsors below) who have agreed to offer free gear/discounts/etc. to the team members.  I'm absolutely stoked about this! I cannot wait to see how it all develops!

No comments: