Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On Introspection

So I came across this survey on SlowTwitch asking simple questions about triathlon and why we are involved in the sport.  It may be the fact that I have no school tomorrow (SNOW DAY! In college, shocking, right?) or that it is just a few questions I have never thought of before.  So I thought I'd share the questions and my answers to them with you.  They are good questions, and it may be good for you to think of them as well.

1. What do you enjoy about triathlon and the training involved?

  • It keeps me motivated and surrounded with great people.  It provides a community both local (club teams) and worldwide (SlowTwitch) to draw information from.
2. What is important to you while you run/ride/swim?
  • It depends.  If I'm run/ride/swim-ing outside, safety is the top priority.  It is very difficult to be seen outside if you're not in a car.  If I'm inside, my priorities are my workouts.  Am I hitting my intervals/watts/reps/etc.?  Am I able to accomplish the specific training that I need in the limited time that I have?
3. From a personal standpoint, what do you get from your workouts?
  • Satisfaction that I have bettered myself that day.  Clarity because I can zone out during workouts and remove myself from the stress of school/work for the hour or so that I'm moving.

I'm still trying to shake this lingering cough.  It's rough, but getting better every day.

No comments: