Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can't sleep...

Well, it's late here in Warsaw, IN and I can't sleep.  Not sure why, but I just laid in bed for an hour; my mind was racing and I could not seem to calm myself down.  So, why not talk about training and IM preparations?

I'm in the middle of the third week of my build phase and I can't wait for next week's recovery.  Tonight I had an excellent 10mi trail run at an easy pace as to avoid rolling an ankle on all the rocks/stumps/roots/holes on the trails in Winona Lake.  Regrettably, the trails did not possess the same level of concern for my ankle as I did; a wicked bad roll about 4mi in caused some serious concern for my abilities to even walk home.  But after a serious dose of HTFU, I finished the last 6mi.  I'm only joking, I winced and wimpered like a child for 5 minutes before getting the nerve to even rotate my ankle to see if it was ok.

I can really feel the bump in fitness and I haven't been hurting too much on any of my workouts, yet.  Last week I hit 14hrs of training and I'm shooting for 16+ this week (currently at just under 8).  I still have a good amount of sessions scheduled for this week including a steady-state bike during lunch and speed session at the track tomorrow evening.  Then Saturday afternoon will be a hammer-fest on the bike for 100mi then a short transition run followed by two runs on Sunday (13 AM, 9 PM).

Although, while my physical preparation has been on track, I am continually influenced mentally by outside factors that are difficult to avoid.  Nothing triathlon related, rather work, roommates, school, job search, moving, finances, travel plans, etc.  Usually I do a good job balancing all these aspects of my life to make sure they all stay upright.  However, it seems that if one seems to get a bit shaky, the rest start moving with it.  This time, it's the roommates.  Luckily, they move out on Saturday and I get the place to myself for two weeks!



No comments: