Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bearding and Running

For the past month or so, I have only been running.  I have not sat on a bike seat for any longer than it takes me to get to and from class several times a day.  I have not been submerged in water for 5 weeks.  This running only thing is pretty cool, I have found that I can run more miles and faster than I ever thought I could.  I'm not sure if it is because my legs are adapting or because I am training smarter, but either way, it is working well.

Last week I ran 52 miles.  This week I am at 27mi with 13mi planned for tomorrow as 10mi at aerobic pace and finishing with 2mi on the track at 10k pace.  So, mileage this week will be a little low because I think I overdid it last week and because I had to take a few days off due to long homework hours and horrible weather.  I am considering doing a 5k next Sunday in Lansing to see if I have improved at all with this increase in mileage.

Here is the latest updates of my beardiness:

Day 11 - staying busy in the Engineering Building
Here is today's picture:

Day 12 - kindof drunk and watching (*cue British accent*) Harry Potter

Also, I found this picture in Imgur.com today and I think it is a fantastic reminder of how we should all do our best to stay young and not fret about life's little problems.



This picture makes me want to go play (and by play, I mean run) on a muddy two-track.

Additionally, if you look over at the blogs that I have posted to the right (---> over there), you will see "Riding the Wind", a blog by Anton Krupicka, an ultra-runner who embodies what, in my mind, is the true glory of distance running.  Check out this post on "Keeping it Real" which is from the regular articles he writes on the Running Times website.  He is a very self-aware, introspective, and intelligent man.  Someone who I truly wish to meet and maybe run with at some point in my life.

1 comment:

JP Severin said...

your blog is good.
That post-ironman run fitness is happening to me too. It's addictive, huh?