Monday, November 10, 2014

Runvember 30 for 30

For no other reason that wanting to get back into shape and do something arbitrarily challenging, I decided that I am going to run at least 30min each day during the month of November. A challenge I have dubbed Runvember 30 for 30. 

Unfortunately, I am not as unique and creative as I thought since a quick search of the internets revealed that Runvember is a common challenge for many runners.  Alas.



Nevertheless, I have run every day this month so far and I feel great. At this point I have covered 55mi in 9 runs which is almost 10km per day. Most of these runs have been and will be easy so that I don't get injured throughout the month.  I have done two hard days this month - one track workout on Nov 6 and a trail half marathon race on Nov 9.  The only other planned race this month is a Turkey Trot 5km on Thanksgiving Day.  

In general, my plan is to hold to a 5/1/1 plan. That is, 5 easy runs, 1 speed/tempo workout, and 1 long run (~90min) each week. It's simple, easy to follow, and will not keep me from running myself ragged throughout the next 3 weeks.

I'll try to post an update here at the end of each week to keep track and stay accountable. Race Report for yesterday's Half Marathon will come later this week. It was a fantastic course and I had my fastest half marathon since 2011 so there is plenty to write about.

No comments: