Thursday, December 2, 2010

Training time...

So far this week, my ankle has felt amazing.  I did some biking and lifting Monday and Wednesday and I ran 3.5 miles Tuesday and today (Thursday) with no pain.  Although my pace was slow, I felt like my stride was returning to normal as I was striking midfoot/forefoot the whole time.  I don't know if I'm cautious because it is still tender or if I'm just thinking about it too much.  Regardless, I think slow and steady recovery will be better for me in the long run.

Now that I have done a few weeks of weight lifting, I miss it quite a bit.  I think I'm going to continue to incorporate it into my weekly routine.  It will be a far stretch from my weightlifting routine from a few years ago when I was 25 pounds of muscle heavier, but will still be quite beneficial.

I will be returning to East Lansing this weekend to check out my apartment for next semester and hang out with a few amigos.  Hopefully we can hit up Lou&Harry's for the free food on Friday night and then maybe Harper's on  Saturday...although, Harper's won't be nearly as fun w/o a cute girlfriend to dance around with. :(

I'll be sure to take some pictures of the new apartment and show you where I'll be living for the next 5 months.

Peace out, bedtime.

No comments: