Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 Runs 1 Day

It has been a looong time since I have run twice in one day.  Last time was when I was in high school and I ran a few miles as a warm up before lifting, then later that day we got bagged and had to run after hockey practice for screwing around too much on the ice.  I was incredibly sore the following day.  That being said, I have an idea of what I'm in store for tomorrow...however, today was a bit longer.  I did move up in the SlowTwitch 100 Runs in 100 Days challenge though.

12:00 - 5.5mi down in Lansing, easy pace about 7:30/mi with an avg HR of only 144 (which was surprisingly low for me!)
1:00-4:00 - laying on the couch watching American Gangster
4:30 - 4.1mi through campus at about 7:40/mi with an avg HR of 155 (seems my body may not have been adequately recovered!)

Anyway, no swimming today as I haven't swam in months and am a bit intimidated to get back in the water.  Also, I'm a bit worried about my ankle as swimming is what caused it to hurt quite a bit back in early November.  I'll try tomorrow as I have a big day planned (am swim, midday run, pm bike w/ quick transition run).  I figured this would be a good week for me to do some volume work as I have been doing steady base now for a few weeks.

I'm also going to try to outline a training plan for the next few months.  It will be mainly base as I am slowly preparing for Triple T and then IMWI, but I will have to add some speed work in there for Collegiate Nats in April.

No comments: