Monday, February 7, 2011

Delicate Balancing Act, is it really?

I realize that I am in a very fortunate position in my life right now.  I am attending a great university, I'm working a great job where I get to work whenever and wherever I want, I'm in a relationship with a wonderful girl whose only downfall is that she lives 4 hours away, I have no family commitments, and I am financially stable with no student loans or debt, and I get to return to an amazing internship in the summer where I gain tons of experience and cash money.

I always have people to work out with; they're a very fast group of energetic and supportive friends/triathletes.  I'm no longer sick, my ankle is feeling much better (95%), I feel like I could work out all day every day.  Basically, the only thing preventing me from doing that is school, homework, and sleep.  Yet, seeing as how most people involved with this sport have addiction issues with the sport (aerodynamics, runner's high, sweating, lactic acid, etc.), this addictive personality carries over into other aspects of my life.

When I get focused on a topic (triathlon, cleaning, homework, studying, etc.)...I tend to stay very focused on that topic and everything else gets pushed aside.  This is something I can do at this stage in my life because I have no career or family that will suffer if I ignore them.  So, is my life really as cluttered as I make it out to be, or am I just awful at multi-tasking?  I believe the latter.  

Training Update:
Great run yesterday: 7miles at 7:20 pace (felt easy)
Hills today: 6.5 miles total with 8x30" hard & steep hills with 1' recovery
Tough swim today: MS - 30x50 (1-10 @ 50", 11-20 @ 40", 21-30 @ 45")

Two runs planned for tomorrow. 8ish in the morning, then a brick at night (75' bike, 30' run).

No comments: