Monday, February 21, 2011

What a week!

Everything was insane last week!  Training, weather, school, my diet, etc.  I swear, everything happened just like a normal week, but it was all amplified by so much that the amount of insanity would need to be graphed on a double-log plot.  Absolutely insane!

Let's start with the weather as that dictated the training:
High's in the mid 40's and even creeping up to the low 50's
A bit windy, but sunny
All the snow melted!  All 20" that we got because of the huge storm a few weeks ago...ALL OF IT!

Training:
Run total: 5 runs, 39 miles (felt great all week, most distance I've done since I was marathon training in the fall of '09)
Bike total: 2 rides, 86 miles (not enough, especially since 62 was outdoors on Saturday afternoon)
Swim total: 3 swims, 12k scy (good workouts, felt great all three workouts)

School:
Small conflicts with professors turned into serious conflicts and concerns regarding my grade in the class.  It was a rough week full of talking to the dean and telling the same stories over and over again until I got sick of it and let it all go.  Nevertheless, I have never been involved in a conflict like that before and the amount of stress and strain it caused (clever joke because it's a Solid Mechanics class!) was ridonkulous

My diet:
I think this stems from not having a parking spot at my apartment and therefore not having a car at my apartment.  This means I have to bike/walk to the store to get groceries...I hate walking!  Therefore, I must bike to the store.  Which means I can't purchase a whole lot at one time because I have to bike it all back home!

So Saturday after my ride, I thought about biking to the store for the basics (milk, eggs, bread)  But, after 60 miles outside, my nether-region would not allow me to sit on a bike seat for longer than absolutely necessary. And the only thing that it seemed to tolerate was a ride to the Quality Dairy to get some ice-cream.  So, Saturday's dinner was a supreme pizza, ice cream, macaroni&cheese, and some cheese.  

Sunday wasn't much better as I ran 12 miles in the snowstorm and came home and ate left-over mac&cheese, peanut butter, and more ice-cream for dinner.

Overall, the week was insane...this week I hope to tone it all down a bit as I have 3 exams that I need to study hard for and a lab report due next week.  

1 comment:

JP Severin said...

You should relax. Go ahead and have that tub of baskin robbins, while you kick back to a hugh grant flick...or the notebook. You've earned it.