Thursday, July 7, 2011

Final race before Ironman WI!

So, just a few short weeks ago I raced the Warsaw Optimist Sprint Triathlon.  A dinky little race in the bustling metropolis of Warsaw, IN (where I have spent quite a bit of time for my co-op rotations).  I raced in 2010 and came in 2nd overall so I got free entry to the 2011 race.  I was excited to race as I thought my main competition from last year was on vacation in Italy and wouldn't show up.  Apparently I was wrong :(

The race was a 400m swim, 13.1mi bike, 3.55mi run.  Not ideal distances for me.  But I held my own I think.

Here are the splits:




I didn't get a good swim warm-up in, so I felt slow for the entire thing.  The bike felt great!  And on the run, my legs were gone.  However, this is the exact same time I had last year and I have been training in a completely different way this year as I'm preparing for IMWI.


Here are some quick pictures from the race

.


No comments: